These Fit Cookies may not be new to some of you (for my super fit girls who already know this recipe, I apologize for not bringing you something new today...) but I believe that for many people they can be a very useful tip!
If I tell you that you can make super healthy and delicious cookies from only three simple ingredients, would you believe me? No?! So try this recipe!
The base for these cookies is nutrient-dense oats and super sweet bananas (preferably ripe, with brown spots on the skin, to make them sweeter and richer in nutrients).
Then you can add any flavor you can imagine. I leave you here with three easy suggestions that work beautifully: cinnamon, cocoa and coconut. But you can use other, such as peanut butter, raisins, chocolate chips, berries, nuts, seeds, lemon zest, ginger, etc, etc...
For those of you who don’t know what to eat in between meals or when you feel like having something sweet without ruin your nutritional goals, these cookies are a great option.
They are also an excellent alternative to put in your kid’s lunch boxes, as an alternative most cookies we buy at the supermarkets that are mainly made from refined sugar, refined flour, glucose syrup, refined vegetable oils and a battalion of preservatives...
And the most interesting thing about these cookies is that there is an infinite amount of flavors you can use to create your own Fit Cookies according to your preferences. This way you can have a different cookie every day and you won’t get sick of them.
I believe that with this recipe there’s no more space for excuses like “I don’t know how to cook..." or "those ingredients are hard to find...". This recipe is so simple that I think it cannot be considered as "cooking". And the ingredients are basic and are available at any supermarket (some are available at the Just GRANOLA Shop).
So come on, go to the kitchen and #noexcuses. ;-)
Fit Cookies (3 ingredients & 3 flavors)
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cost: ~ € 1.80 (in Portugal)
Nutritional Information (per Cookie): 45 kcal, 1.5 g protein, 6.7 g carbohydrates 0.9 g fat, 1.4 g fiber
1 + 1/2 cup of Organic Oats (~ 180 g)
2 large ripe Bananas (250 g without peal)
A flavor of your choice:
3 tablespoons Organic Raw Pure Cacao Powder
3 tablespoons Cinnamon
5 tablespoons Organic Shredded Coconut
(Note: to prepare the 3 flavors in one cookie batch, divide the dough into 3 parts and add 1/3 of the recommended amount of the flavor to each part)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 ° C and prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Place the oatmeal in a non-stick pan and place over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, to toast the oats. (This step is optional but it gives more flavor to the cookies).
3. When oats start to turn golden and release a pleasant aroma, remove from heat and transfer to a glass bowl (avoid plastic here because the oats will be very hot). Reserve.
4. Put peeled bananas into the food processor /blender and reduce pureed (it takes only a few seconds).
5. Add the banana puree to the oats and mix well.
6. Add in the desired flavor, or split the dough into several parts and add a different flavor to each of them.
7. To make the cookies take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and put onto the lined tray. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until firm and lightly browned on the surface.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool down and serve. Save the rest in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Leave your suggestions for cookie flavors in the comments below!
Ler esta receita em Português