For the "chocolate lovers" out there, here's an idea for a sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or simply when the "ugly monster" attacks...
They are super easy and quick to make, they are delicious, healthy and you only need 6 simple ingredients (two of them are optional).
Do you know who's the "ugly monster"? I'm sure you do but I'll tell you anyway...
The "ugly monster" is a hairy monster with a big month and big teeth and has a very bad mood. Once in a while, mainly on those days when we don't eat enough sweet fruit or healthy carbs, he decides to attack us and forces us to devour any sweet thing we can find in our kitchens...
The best way to protect yourself from the "ugly monster" sudden attacks is by eating enough fruit and healthy carbs during the day. Restrictive diets are the "ugly monster's" best friends and the easiest trigger of the attacks...
Even tough, the "ugly monster"is so perspicacious and foxy that sometimes we can still attack those who protect themselves. But we can always be smarter than the "ugly monster" and keep our kitchen full of healthy and good stuff, and prepare sweet treats like this one that are still much healthier than the conventional sweet treats and chocolates...
Attack me now "ugly monster"...
Choco Millet Puff Sweet Treats
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cost: ~2,60 € (in Portugal)
Nutritional Information (per unit): 56.8 Kcal, 0.7 g protein, 4.6 g carbs, 4.2 g fat
For the Millet Puff:
1 cup Puffed Millet (~25 g)
1/4 cup Cacao Powder (~20 g) (or carob powder)
4 tbsp (60 ml) Coconut Oil
3 tbsp (45 ml) Agave Nectar (or Maple Syrup)
For the Vanilla Cream:
1/4 cup Cashews, soaked for approximately 4 hours
1/4 cup Water
1/4 tsp Vanilla Powder or Essence
To make the Millet Puff:
1. Place the coconut oil, the agave nectar and the cacao powder into a small saucepan and heat it over low heat. Let everything melt for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. When everything is well melted and combined, add in the puffed millet and turn off the heat. Mix well to incorporate the millet. While it cools down, it becomes slightly more solid and sticky.
3. Using a spoon, make round sweet treats from the prepared mixture and place them over small cupcake paper tins.
To make the Vanilla cream:
1. Place soaked and drained cashews in the food processor along with the water and process until very creamy (it will take 2-3 minutes).
2. Transfer the cream to a bowl and add in the vanilla. Stir to combine and place it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to thicken a little bit.
3. Using a small spoon or syringe, garnish the prepared sweet treats with the cream to taste. Devour them!...
I hope you enjoy this recipe. What do you do when the "ugly monster" decides to attack? Share below!