These truffles have no secrets, they are super easy to make. Perhaps a little messy, as you get your hands completely covered with chocolate...Also, you can adjust the toppings to your preferences. This time I used cacao, shredded coconut and finely chopped pumpkin seeds. But there is a ton of other options: chopped almonds or any other nuts, cacao nibs, coconut flour, chopped Goji berries, and so on...
These truffles are also super fun for the kids to help you. But be prepared to be cleaning chocolate from the entire kitchen in the next few days...
The hard thing about these truffles is holding yourself from not having them all while rolling them...
After rolling, put the truffles in the fridge for a couple hours so they get firm and yummy! They get a super nice truffle consistency and taste delicious. I rolled them with an almond in the center, which makes them even more special.
And here they are, ready to shared this Easter!
'Happy Easter' Raw Vegan Almond Truffles
Prep time: 10 mins
Refrigerate time: 2 + 2 hours
Skill level: Easy
1 cup dried Figs or Medjool Dates
1/4 cup raw Cacao
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
20 raw Almonds
For the toppings:
2 tbsp shredded Coconut
2 tbsp raw Cacao
2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
Method of Preparation:
1. De-stem figs (or pit dates) and put them in the food processor along with the cacao, melted coconut oil, water, lemon juice and sea salt. Process until a smooth consistency is obtained (approximately 4 to 5 minutes of processing). Stop occasionally to scrap the sides.
2. Line a platter with parchment paper. Pour mixture over it and let it set on the fridge for a couple hours.
3. Meanwhile prepare your desired toppings: if using nuts put them in the food processor and pulse a couple times until finely chopped. Avoid over processing not to turn nuts into flour. Put each topping in a separate flat dish.
4. When chocolate has become solid enough, take a walnut-sized amount and roll it around a raw almond between your palms. Toss it in one of the toppings until completely covered and place it in a truffle paper.
5. Let the truffles set in the fridge for a couple more hours and share with your beloved ones. Happy Easter!
Wish you all a sweet and healthy Easter. Please share with me which sweet treats are you sharing this Easter!