Do we or do we not deserve having delicious and healthy desserts everyday?
Sure we do!!!
As so, here's a suggestion for something sweet, nourishing and healthy!
This dessert is so simple that is can be boring...Only 6 ingredients, from which cinnamon and cardamom are totally optional (but they definitely add a special touch).
Pears require minimal to no attention while roasting and the cacao walnut crumble is ready in 2 minutes. Then you just need to generously stuff the pears with this delicious and nourishing mixture and that's it!
Roasted Pears Stuffed with Cacao Walnut Crumble
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cost: ~2,10 € (in Portugal)
Nutritional Information (per serving): 200 Kcal, 3 g protein, 28 g carbs, 8 g fat
4 medium Pears (~550 g)
1/3 cup Walnuts (~45 g)
2 tbsp Raw Pure BIO Cacao Powder
3 big Dates, preferably Medjool
1 tsp ground Cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp ground Cardamom (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 360 F/180 ºC.
2. Wash well pears, halve and core them and place them in a oven-safe dish.
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon and cardamom over the pears and place them in the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes.
4. When pears are tender but still firm, remove them from the oven and let them cool down to room temperature.
5. When pears are almost cold, remove the center of each half with a spoon or knife, gently so they keep their form. Reserve the removed pear flesh.
6. Place walnuts into the food processor and pulse to roughly chop without over processing. Transfer to small bowl and reserve.
7. Place pitted dates into the food processor and pulse to reduce. Add in reserved pear and pure cacao and pulse again to combine.
8. Add in chopped walnuts, saving about 1 tbsp for garnish, and pulse once or twice to incorporate.
9. Stuff generously the roasted pear halves with the cacao walnut crumble and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Everyday is a good day to enjoy a healthy and delicious dessert!