I had some quinoa leftovers from last night, a perfectly ripe avocado and some strawberries about to go bad so I put this together. No food waste in ma' kitchen!
Prep time: 5 mins
Skill level: Easy
1 big ripe Avocado
2 Medjol Dates, pitted
4 ripe Strawberries
1/4 cup uncooked rainbow Quinoa (or 1/2 cup if cooked)
1/4 tsp Vanilla Powder (or extract)
Method of Preparation:
1. Cook 1/4 cup of quinoa in 1/2 cup of boiling water in a covered pan over low heat. It will take approximately 15 minutes to get tender. Let it cool down completely.
2. Scoop avocado flesh into the food processor and process along with pitted dates until very smooth and creamy (about 2 to 3 minutes).
3. Add vanilla powder or extract to the avocado cream and pulse to incorporate.
4. Remove stems from strawberries, slice them lengthwise and chop each slice into smaller pieces. Save some slices for decoration.
5. Using transparent cups, put one layer of strawberries at the bottom of the cups. Scoop in one layer of avocado cream and 3 or 4 tbsp of cooked and cooled quinoa on top. Inverse order if preferred. Decorate with extra strawberry slices. Can be served immediately or after chilling in the fridge.
I hope you like this recipe. Please share if you try it. What do you like to do with your quinoa leftovers? I'd love to hear from you.